Thursday, October 26, 2017

Fall Spinning

 I had this sitting by the wheel to motivate me to get those summer projects finished. It worked.



 I just picked this up at the SVFF and I was itching to get my hands on it.



 It felt as nice as it looked. It split apart beautifully which is always a sign of a good spin.



 Two not so equal halves....



 ...become a lot of little nests.



 I've learned to tuck it back in the bag it came from with all identifying labels to avoid the dreaded mystery fiber syndrome.



That pretty fiber is going on the Ladybug. The Traditional has Finley on it still. It's been three years now and I'm still washing and carding the little fella. He was a little 4 pound Shetland fleece that is now pretty much all washed. What's to become of him is anyone's guess but I'm thinking colorwork-someday.

6 comments:

  1. Those two combined together would make a nice yarn.

    Happy spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see blue skies and changing fall leaves in that colorway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what beautiful roving!!!! I bought some from Paradise Fibers.....I haven't spun for 7 months and I am really missing it.
    The Shetland is gorgeous-the fluffy shows even on the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that roving! That is going to be so pretty spun. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete