Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Fall KAL Finish

 Ta dah...the end of the road for the KAL. The Falling Leaves socks are history.




As you can see it is hardly sock weather here and those are thick and woolly Kroy so they are going to be packed up for later. Fall may get here or it may not. We might just go straight to winter this year and that would be a shame.



 To take the place of the KAL knitting I am picking up the sweater I started a few weeks ago. It's fall colored but won't be done this fall or any fall in the near future. I give myself years for sweaters. Years.



I am also picking up this old chestnut again. I started it in 2014 when I was a lot thinner thanks to all the ice skating I was doing. I am pretty sure it won't fit after those steeks are cut but I am going on with it. I am very close now. I'll figure out something to do with it when the time comes.

8 comments:

  1. We're supposed to be back into the 50's and 60's this week. Yippee! It was getting too cold, too fast. Love the socks and both of the sweaters too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be a shame to cover up that pretty pedicure anyway. LOL Those socks turned out great though. Still pretty warm here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Socks are beautiful and the sweater too. I am planning/hoping to convert the sweater pattern to make a skirt that I saw on Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I love that intensely complex colorwork . To start in 2014 and finish anytime is impressive to me. Go go go

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the socks! The weather will be cold soon enough! The color work knitting is gorgeous-just savor it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great socks and the other projects are fabulous. Great color work, and you are going to steek????? Yikes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so brave to cut into that beautiful sweater! My sweaters take forever, too, and they are never finished in the right season.
    Would you consider sending me a link to the Falling Leaves pattern? Ravelry no longer has it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTfallingleaves.html

      Delete