Saturday, April 22, 2017

A Rough Start

 I've got a bobbin of singles fresh off the wheel.



It was spun from this fiber that I washed and dyed myself but I can't remember what it was or when I did it. It looks like egg dye to me so that might be a clue.




 I had a horrific time getting the plying going. It's a 3 ply chain deal and nothing went right. It was all so wrong I just had to laugh at myself for the sheer clumsiness of the operation. I'm not sure why but the hands and head took a while to get going. The wheel wasn't being very cooperative either. It's not the one I usually ply on and I think that was part of the problem-which is a good an excuse as any.





9 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooo...trouble, but ALL. THOSE. LOVELY. COLORS!!!!!! (Just perfect for spring!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors! Sorry it was a pita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful yarn though. It always amazes me how the fiber colors often look nothing like the finished product. I hope all goes smoothly for you now. Do you know what the finished product will be?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. This skein still has a long way to go.

      Delete
  4. Those colors are so soft! Do you have a pattern in mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I am thinking of adding more color to the skein so I am pretty sure I am going to ruin it.

      Delete
  5. Such an intensive process from sheep to sweater. I only know the tip of the iceberg. From yarn to garment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!!! I love it! I always have trouble with chain plying too. It's right up there with lace charts for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty bits of fluff turned into pretty bits of yarn!

    ReplyDelete