Thursday, March 28, 2013

Eyeballing It

 My spinning adventure continues with the Elven Woods BFL/Silk. The adventure has not been with the spinning. It has been with the plying. I have tried various, ever complicated methods of splitting a bobbin of the same color into two so I can keep the color definition. This time around, in a grand funk due to Miserable March, I just took my best guess with a very large bobbin of the green. This is how much I had left on one bobbin. Not bad. I need to trust my instincts more often.

I used up this last bit by adding it on to the end. I staggered the cut ends then spit spliced them while using both ends of the little center pull ball. This is the second time this has worked like a charm so I think I am finally over the 2 ply leftover syndrome.

This is going to be the top part of the shawl so as soon as I finish the Arietta I can cast this one on. I should be more excited about that but the March funk is still on me and all I want to do is lie about with my nose in my Kindle or start insane projects that have nothing to do with the million things I already have going on. I really need to get a grip.

There are also two more small sections that need to spun of the cannibalized fiber I began with. I am not sure where they will fall in the color scheme but I suppose I will figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment