Friday, August 4, 2023

Moving On

 

I just turned the corner on the Rose Trellis towel meaning it's gone around the beam. Technically I am half way finished but the draft is for a finger towel and I'm going for a dish towel size so I've still got a ways to go.



I've been hemming and hawing over the colors for the next warp but finally decided on these. 





I just hit the middle point in that next warp so I better pick up the pace on the ones on the loom. I try to do one pattern repeat a day when I'm not dead tired from watching the World Cup all night. The Mister had a big laugh from your comments calling me a sports fan. He'll walk through the room and ask me what's going on in the game and it's always "I dunno". It's pretty people running after a ball. It's really just a good excuse to have a cup of coffee and get some knitting done in some peace and quiet. 




Honeycomb is the pattern I will be using next but in more summery colors. I really like the colors in these fallish ones and if it all works out I will weave them again using those. 



6 comments:

  1. The colors you picked out will be great together and l love the fall ones you have already.
    So you're NOT a sports fan? You seem to watch a lot of it. You must be desperate for a reason to sit and knit! Ha! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your towel on the loom is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do love to see your weaving--just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new warp looks very tropical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that towel! Your weaving is always so pretty, and you are so good at it.

    ReplyDelete