Thursday, August 3, 2023

Itty Bitty Teeny Weeny

 

It's now August and I'm getting close to declaring my latest tomato experiment another fail. In spite of the best soil, 5 star grow bags, specialized tomato food, lots of rain and plenty of sunlight all I got were spindly plants and stunted tomatoes.



Only one of the plants has any baby tomatoes on it at all. There are hardly any flowers on the other three.




There was one that got ripe but it's pretty poor quality.




I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I figure that's about $50 worth of tomato there. Maybe I should have it bronzed. 




And....I got a question about how I match my socks. I wind the yarn into two 50 gram balls and lay it out until I find the same starting point on each ball and cast each on from there. That's it. 





4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the failed tomato crop! You do have a very funny way of describing your fails, though! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our tomato plans are not doing great this year either, though Fletch thinks we can pick some cherry tomatoes in a day or two. Peppers too are a bit lackluster this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry Debbie, but I did laugh at the $50 tomato. I would have never thought of describing it like that. Mandy has tons of cherry tomatoes this year. Cucumbers too. Probably because of the heat and humidity.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the tomatoes.

    You don't want to see mine - the one is so big it's almost taken over the 3' x 3' raised bed. I wish I could send some of my tomato magic your way. But I don't know how I do it. I've always been able to grow tomatoes, no matter what. I don't really do anything - just plant them, and keep them watered. That's it.

    ReplyDelete