Monday, August 21, 2023

A New Leaf

 

It's not exactly new. It's been stored in the downstairs while The Mister recuperated from his hip surgery.  He needed to be able to get around the room with his walker. He's not using his walker anymore and I needed to put it back in. I have a job to do. 



I bought this huge dining room table for one reason and one reason alone. To lay out quilts for sandwiching. I can't do the crawling on the floor thing anymore. I suppose I actually physically can but I won't. The Mister hates this table. It's too big for the space. That's a fact. I most likely will be taking that leaf back out again in October because his knee replacement is set for the 19th. I'd like to get The Big Ugly finished by then if I can. I can't watch him wrap himself in his pitiful little blankies again. I bought him lots of new duvets and blankets before his last surgery and he hated them all. Maybe he'll like The Big Ugly, maybe not. I've never seen anyone so picky about blankets in all my life. 




Before I do any of that, I need to get my puzzle finished first so I can get it off the table. I've been too tired at night to work on it after getting up at 4 am to watch the World Cup. Now that it's officially over (sorry, Lionesses) maybe I can start keeping my eyes open after dinner again. 




4 comments:

  1. I think the Big Ugly is not ugly…but charming and bright! Good luck on that puzzle and get some sleep! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a pretty quilt! Good luck getting the sandwiching finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he appreciates the new blanket! I feel you are hardly recovered from the last surgery! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Big Ugly. I feel sorry for it being named that! :-) I sure hope The Mister appreciates all the work and love you've put into it for him.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete