Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Barbie's Dream House

 

No Tiny Needle Anything for me this week but my Barbie Dream House dyed BFL is done. I've been spinning while watching the Vuelta and holy cow...it's nothing like the Tour. Disorganized is putting it mildly. 





And look at that....nothing bled out of it when it got a soak. I'm not the best dyer in the world so this was a big surprise considering how many colors I used. 





I still have a lot of that neon fiber left. 




I've also got a lot of the blue/green BFL I spun during the Tour. I'm thinking I'm going to run them all through the carder together...one day. 





Right now I'd rather be spinning something more fallish. This mystery fiber oughta do it. I know who dyed it but I don't have a clue to what it is. The card doesn't say.




Speaking of fall....I just put some All Soul's Night in the mold. It smells like Halloween to me. Very patchouli of which I'm a big fan. It reminds me of being a teen in the 60's. We all had those solid scent compacts of sandalwood and patchouli in our woven shoulder bags from India. I hope this stuff looks as pretty cut as it did going in the incubator. Fingers crossed. 











5 comments:

  1. Very pretty soap and very pretty fibers. Your Barbie BFL is like a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you knit with barbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a yarn that looked like your soap. It was called Witch's Underpants. LOL

    The spun up yarn is very Barbie! She would love that pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the fibers look great but I don't think carding them together will keep the colors distinct. This yarn you just spun is perfect! The new roving is gorgeous! Love the soap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That soap does look like fall to me. Or at least Halloween. I do like your new yarn. The colors are so bright and happy.
    Blessings,
    Betsu\y

    ReplyDelete