Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Tiny Needle Uh Oh....

 I only got an itty bitty butterfly done this week. The stitching gods were not smiling upon me. There was just too much going on.


I thought it would be better for my brain to just do the sentiment under the trees so I'd at least have some progress to show but when I went to start it I realized that the top row of words were printed on TWO SEPARATE CHARTS. This sounds crazy but I just can't wrap my brain around using two charts for one word. I'm guess I am going to have to do some fancy cutting and pasting before I pick this project up again. Boo....


On a happier note, I saw this on Jeannie Gray's post yesterday and had to have it. It's the Knitter's Sampler and I found it on Etsy here. Now I just need the time to sit down and stitch it.

11 comments:

  1. I HATE when the split the charts onto two (or more) pages. I know sometimes it is necessary, but like you...I have a hard time wrapping my head around it. I do the c&p as well.

    Love that yarny stitching. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But what a cute butterfly it is! I did a sampler for Mandy a couple of years ago that had a split chart like that and I like to have lost my mind. But I did it and so can you my friend. Lots of copy, pasting and tape!
    Now, I really, really want that sweet pattern you just got. I'm heading to Etsy to check it out.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you need the second chart for capital letters only. What I usually do in this case, I just draw missing symbols above the gray area. Liana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wrap my head around charts period! You are a whole lot better at it than I am. Love the Knitters Sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that sampler on Jeannie Gray's blog too. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the knitting sampler and just purchased it to make for my bff! She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The split chart is so weird. I'd be cutting and pasting too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You've had some bad crafting juju going on at your house lately! Hope you can get the chart figured out. I'm so glad you liked the knitter's sampler. I haven't cross stitched in years but I thought it was awesome & immediately ordered it the very second I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Split charts are not the designers fault-it is the editor who doesn't stitch who does it!
    The knitters sampler is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a very cute butterfly though! I would have to cut and paste to avoid working with two charts. What a great new project with the Knitter's Sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every stitch counts! I love Jeannies stitching too

    ReplyDelete