Wednesday, June 12, 2019

In Training

 I just realized with horror that it's only weeks until the Tour de France.


 I need to get my old projects out of the way but my spinning wheels and fiber have been buried under piles of stash. I did manage to dig out the Traditional and the fiber I was spinning on her and get back to work.



 That's the first bobbin of the plum mystery fiber I've been working on. It doesn't look like much but it's supposed to be 2 ounces of the 4 ounce braid. I'm going to try to get it finished before the Tour but that may be a long shot.



 My poor Traveler doesn't even have it's band on anymore. It's been kicked around the kitchen for weeks now. I have no idea where that blue fiber even is. This is pretty hopeless. I'll have to finish it for the Tour.



Hopefully, weather permitting, this molding will be down and I'll be moving my stash back into the room by the time you read this putting an end to all this misery.




I've got so much stuff and so many decisions to make about where it's all going now. I should think of it as a blessing but at the moment all this goodness feels like a bit of a curse.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure it seems really overwhelming, but just think of the end result. You'll know where everything is and it will be SO organized.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get through it. I have confidence in you! Personally, I'd put everything in the center of the room near the wall you intend for it to go. Then work on putting away/setting up one section/craft genre at a time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting (and overwhelming) that you are probably now organizing and putting away your supplies! If I had all your projects underway, I would have to have a spreadsheet to keep up with what I was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to have a new more organized space:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. With all the new shelving and storage cabinets, you'll have everything organized quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh NO! Im not ready for the Tour De France. Im just not ready. When that voice of Phil Liggett is on the TV every morning as I awake to my husband watching it, I get some icky memories. I once was in a severe depression and I'd come and sit next to my husband and stare blankly at the cyclists. It also means it is July and I want summer to last and last and last. YIKes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sympathies on the chaos right now--soon, soon it will all be amazing! I hadn't realized how close the TDF was either!!!! Thanks for the heads up--I have the fiber I want to spin but I wanted to dye it first--I better get busy! (It would be easier if we get to stay home for a change-it is hard to dye when you are sitting in yet another waiting room! lol)

    ReplyDelete