Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Forty Two

 If the answer to everything is forty two then I should know it all by the time my very first Hitchhiker ever is finished. What I do know is that it is a very soothing knit and in the midst of the chaos that is my house, it has been a welcome relief to pick up in the quiet of the morning.


 Every night after dinner I put some mileage on the socks. The twins are heading down the foot.



 I am at the heel on this one.



 Another one is going down the foot.



My Hawthorne is still dragging up the rear even after I got serious about finishing it. Hawthorne is always the black hole of knitting for me. I keep feeling that I am getting nowhere fast.

14 comments:

  1. The gradient color on your Hitchhiker is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful socks! Liana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I knew that you had jumped on the Hitchhiker bandwagon. Isn't it a fabulous knit? Very meditative. Love the yarn you are using. And your socks (all of them) are just FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The HH is so pretty--but socks--wow, you have a flock of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like simple knitting to soothe the soul amidst chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some pretty awesome socks! The yellow and orange are still my favorite. You will soon have your gift sock box full.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some pretty impressive sock knitting going on there. It's making me want to start a pair! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your hitchhiker is beautiful. And just look at all of the sock progress. You're going to have lots of new socks next winter. I know you don't like the Hawthorne yarn, but the color is beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is lots of socks! I have two pair going at once...four would stretch my brain too much! Your shawl will be lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so amazed at how many knits you have going! I can barely get myself through the one I have right now but then I am a one at a time kind of knitter. I think there's an art to being able to spread attention over so many crafts in addition to everything else you are doing and I love watching all the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of knitting going on there. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lot of sock to be knitting at one time! Love those gray striped ones and your Hitchhiker is going to be Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was so addicted the Hitchhiker knitting a few years back, love your and all your socks.

    ReplyDelete