Sunday, June 2, 2019

Scratching an Itch

 The beachy soap is nearing the end of its cure so I'm starting to test it.



So far, so good so it's getting a wrap.


That means the drying racks will be empty and I hate when that happens. That usually sends me into a soap making frenzy but my soap supplies are all over the house thanks to the stash room/soap room re-do that is still very much in progress.



 I was fighting the urge until I had a dream the other night that I was making avocado soap.



 As weird as that sounds it seemed like a good idea. I've got a lot of avocado oil and a small tub of avocado butter that needs to be used up. I also have the last of a bottle of Avobath, the fragrance that Lush uses in their avocado soap.



 It's nothing fancy but it will be soap and it will be full of avocado goodness.



 I've also had time to sit and play with my new summer stamp set so I'm thinking that there might just be a small beachy soap giveaway happening in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.



But first I have to finish the invitations to Daughter's latest baby shower. It's for a friend's baby that got off to a very rocky start. Mother and baby are doing well now so it's finally time to celebrate. Her theme is elephants and wouldn't you know it-I already had the stamp set.

10 comments:

  1. When I saw that first picture I thought it was cake until I started reading. It's beautiful! I think those invitations are so cute. I'm glad mom and baby are both doing well now and you can all celebrate.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I found you quite by accident, but I am thrilled to the gills! I have been blogging for an eon, but it is very random, and no one would find it as a knitter. But a knitter I am. Currently my blog is heavy on Morocco where my husband and I are humanitarian volunteers for 18 months. Stateside, we live in the mountains of Idaho. Perhaps we can be pen pals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little baby elephant is adorable! I know you'll be so happy when all the redo is done and things are settled in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That beach soap looks awesome!
    I'm not big on eating avocados, but as a skin softener... it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your soaps look so pretty! Love how the avocado soap became a reality. Your cards are so happy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the soap sounds so wonderful-I've never tried avocado soap! You are incredible to do some more invitations, etc, for another baby shower! Very cute so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am currently eating avocados like crazy, maybe I need some soap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would be fun to follow you for a week! You are such a productive and creative person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...and such a CUTE elephant stamp it is. Best wishes to the new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! I love the look of your beach soap. Looks just like a coastline! Your cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete