Monday, January 7, 2019

DYI Update

Progress on the bedroom re-do slowed down over the weekend because I thought it would be a good idea to help The Mister move a giant pile of wood he needed to stack that was dumped in our driveway on Thursday.



After sleeping in a chair for a week my back was not feeling so good as it was. After the wood adventure I could hardly walk. We got the paper barrier on the floor that goes under the wood and then I threw my mattress on it where I spent most of the weekend feeling pretty miserable. 




While I was sprawled out, The Mister got the new light up.



 It's actually a new ceiling fan. You can't live near a huge body of water in a humid climate without constant air circulation. You just can't. It's been such a wet, mild winter that I am still running the dehumidifier.



Ta dah....we are off to Ikea today to get the closet fixtures I want. If I can walk that is. Ikea is a real hike.

8 comments:

  1. I’m SO sorry about your back. I do know how that is...I’ve been down all afternoon with back spasms.
    I love your new fan/light. Perfect for that humid and hot weather you get. I remember that from when Mandy lived there.
    Hope IKEA went well.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floor will be another strain on your back-how well I know! Good progress on the sleeping arrangements! (I can't sleep in a chair-I need horizontal!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your back feel mucho better SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ikea shopping is not for the meek. I hope you find what you need for your closet and that your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your back! Have you ever tried Pilates? It worked wonders for my back. That sure was a lot of wood! Lots of folks here had downed trees to clean up after this weekend's wind storm, but we lucked out with just some branches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're feeling better! I spent last night on the pull-out couch nursing a sick Rupert (he's better this morning - just a tummy bug) - I can't imagine sleeping in a chair for days - my back would hate me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a lot of wood to move! Hope the stiffness and your back have recovered enough to do the Ikea shopping today. Also, hope everything you want is in stock. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your closet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear. Deb, you need a break. What were you thinking with the wood stacking!? Hope you can sleep well again

    ReplyDelete