Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Blustery

This is what I woke up to yesterday. It was cold. Very cold but the worst part was the wind. It howled for two days straight and it was terrible.  None of the animals could settle down. We were up all night with yowling cats and barking dogs.


 I couldn't settle down either. My headache was gone but my vision was still wonky. Knitting and stitching were out so I spent the day in the stash room with my fiber.



I had packed all the wheels away with projects on them for the holidays so it took me a while to get them sorted out and remember what I was up to. This is a bucket of washed and dyed locks I've been spinning for forever.


I had fiber stashed in bags all over the place. I can't leave it out or the cats will get it and it's always an expensive vet visit when they do.



This Polwarth is close to being finished.


 This project was a big failure. I tried picking up where I left off which was spinning some batts I made and then adding in some scrap fiber but it was tedious so I pulled it off and tried to chain ply it.



Ummm......no. It's a mess. I can't even pretend it's art yarn. It's just awful. It's going to live on my shelf as a warning to remind myself that in spinning, as in most things, simple is best.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Today was just blistering cold. I woke up to 5°F temps outside and the bedroom I was in was a brisk 56°!

    Glad you are feeling better and hope your eyesight is 20/20 real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! That Polworth is gorgeous. It sounds like the weather is a bit crazy everywhere right now.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the Polwarth is beautiful so count your wins and not the experiment that didn't pan out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still bitter cold and windy here. Downright nasty! Hope some relief comes soon (forecast is for rain and 50 degrees on thursday).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like i am colour blind; do not even attempt to play with colours. Your yellow-blue yarn looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blue & gold Polwarth is going to make gorgeous yarn! Glad your head's better. Hope your vision is too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's still art yarn... just not an art you prefer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you have such colorful raw materials to play with. The colors are cheerful even if the weather is not. We seem to have a weather roller coaster. Temperatures go up or down 40+ degrees every few days. The days that the temps go up are pretty nice. Hope your vision is back to normal by now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cold with bad vision! Sorry! I love seeing the colors you are working with on your various projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just rainy and chilly here, but we have had strong winds lately here also. Hope you are feeling much better now! I love to see your spinning projects; I have tried to spin without success. It makes me think of rubbing the stomach while patting the head which I can't do either. Hugs from the PNW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luscious fiber and such beautiful yarn: I love Polworth.

    ReplyDelete