That's the box of materials for the new epic paper piecing project. I can't open it though until the wedding ring quilt is done.
I thought I was finished making the rings but I miscounted. I needed two more-I thought.
It was slow going after a while because I sewed a hole in my finger. I couldn't find my fancy little sticky pads but I discovered that electrical tape works just as well. Maybe better.
Sewing the big pile of snaky rings together was interesting. It was a bit like wrestling an octopus.
But once I got going it was a quick sew.
I miscounted-again. I had one poor little ring leftover. It made me sad but not sad enough to add another row.
It ended up being bigger than I had planned. It's now three rings by four rings because....well, because of math. Now I am off to figure out what to use for a backing. I need a big piece of something. It will probably be plain old muslin. I looked at the prices of extra wide material and I'm not going there.