Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday Soap

This is the last of the soap to be wrapped for a long time. I love wrapping soap and I hate it when I have a lull in the activity because I haven't made any in a long while. It takes six long weeks before you can test it and now I have to wait until the last bars are ready which won't be until late June. Sigh. I will have to console myself with this amazing Oatmeal soap. This is my favorite recipe courtesy of Delighted Hands. I throw in a extra dab or two of what I have laying around but the base is all hers. She was my enabler from the git go. Her posts on her incredible peppermint soap fueled a raging addiction.  Must. Make. Soap.




I did make more Mango Papaya this week because I loved how it smelled and hated how it looked. The original is getting cut up into samples and this semi-improved batch is going to a ladies lunch I have in July. I say semi improved because I still don't love it. I goofed up the technique when I forgot to layer the colors in correctly and then over mixed them. Oh, well...it's not terrible, just not what I wanted.




Here is the Blackberry Sage soap I made during the staycation. That top was almost too pretty to cut. The inside is not too shabby but my sage green turned gold. That's what is so addicting about all this. You never really know what's going on inside that mold until you cut into it. It's always a big surprise.




7 comments:

  1. You surpassed my basic skills on your second day, you maestro! These look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soap is beautiful, I love mine!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I didn't realize it took six weeks to cure. It's certainly worth the wait though. It's all so pretty and smells wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first one looks good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think ALL of them look pretty. Oatmeal and honey does make me crave some yumminess, but I'm guessing I shouldn't eat the soap. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those soap colors are just so lovely when you cut them! More fun than POKE cake..but not as edible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am super grateful to Delighted Hands for taking you down the Soap Darkside. I have to say (and I know I have.) I really enjoy the chronicles of your soap adventures and reading your analysis of your results. I can't say that for all my friends' hobbies. This speaks to me, much in the way that knitting does. I think they look great!

    ReplyDelete