The St. Patrick's Day warp is almost finished. I learned the trick of using a counting thread to separate the bunches for rough sleying and it worked like a charm.
I also wound the end that is usually chained. It worked so much better. I never did get the hang of that chaining thing and always ended up with a tangled mess.
After my apron tie disaster with my Valentine towels, I used lots of heavy string to secure the rod.
After all those successes, I did have one major disaster. When getting ready to sley the reed, I discovered a missed thread way back at the beginning and had to redo most of it-twice. I apparently can't count to four backwards or forwards which is the only thing I have to remember to thread a simple twill. It was a back breaking effort to make up for lost time. By mid week I should be ready to weave. Maybe.