Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Real Hoot

Owls have eyes. I needed beads for the eyes of my Owlie Mitts and I had very few beads of that size in the bead stash. I am not a patient enough person to wait until my next visit to a craft store or to wait to have them delivered online so I went ahead and used what I had while hoping for the best.


Hmm....they are a bit hard to see...


..until the light catches them just right. Then they look positively evil. I am loving how these are turning out but Wanderingcat was right to do away with the cabled rib that runs all the way up the sides. I am so over the fiddly 2 stitch cable. I also hate the way I increased for the thumb. On my next pair there will be mods.

1 comment:

  1. I think evil owl eyes are perfect!
    I did the cable totally by accident! but it worked out well. I'm loving how the swamp thing knit up.

    ReplyDelete