My Romney X weaving adventure is over for now. It went out with a bang.
I had loose warps all over the place. I did everything I could to try to fix them but in the end I had to unweave a large section, retie the warp and start over.
After cutting it off the loom and giving it a soak, I was not sure what I was going to end up with.
It seems I did get a "rug" out of it but I am using the term rather loosely.
It is rather flimsy.
It has the drape of a shawl but it feels like barbed wire next to your skin so on the floor it goes, although I am pretty sure that once it hits the ground either the evil kitties or the bad little doggies will make short work of it.
Since there is plenty more Romney X where that came from, it's not going to
be a tragedy if it ends up ruined. It will just give me a reason to make
another-this time with the right warp.
Post a Comment