Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Sweet Things

 The UPS man scared the daylights out of me this morning with a very early delivery.


It was from Son in Detroit and after tearing into the box I wasn't sure what he was sending me.



 Oh.....I see. They are chocolates. Not just any chocolates but sweet little works of art from an artisan shop in his new hometown. This is a photo I found on the internet because I ate mine before I thought about photographing them as one does with chocolate things. They were good.



 I'm still working my way through the ever shrinking bag of taffy the Grands brought me back from their trip to the Outer Banks. I do love salt water taffy. It's not the same if you don't buy it at the beach. It's worth a trip just to bring some back.



And...The Mister showed up on Mother's Day with two boxes of Dots for me. I love Dots. It certainly looks like somebody hit the sugar jack pot this week. Mmmm....

9 comments:

  1. Sweet post....I can't stop thinking about candy now. Those chocolates look mouth wateringly (is that even a word?) good! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chocolates looks mighty interesting, but I've never met a chocolate that I didn't like. :-). And DOTS! I haven't seen those in a long time. Happy late Mothers Day to you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all looks good to me! I can easily be bought with sweets. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with sugar I say! mmmmmm. Those artisan chocolates look DIVINE. Fireman is suddenly into MIKE and IKe . He always loves jelly beans. Me? I m a gummy bear fanatic now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat! Those chocolates really do look both beautiful and delicious! And I love the Dots - there's something very satisfying about a box of candy that's been a treat for one's whole life - reminds me of going to the movies with my friends and seeing "A Hard Day's Night"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While you are sugared up , knit/spin/weave away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks wonderful! I just ate veggie Stromboli and now I want CANDY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a good son! I'll have train mine to send chocolate. Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are making me SO jealous......and hungry!
    Enjoy all the goodies.

    ReplyDelete