Thursday, May 11, 2017

Hooked

 I was haunting all the rug hooking booths at the MDSW because I had this waiting for me back at home. The hand is for scale. It's pretty big.


 I saw this pattern on Etsy last week and had to have it. It's Spiral Chicken from Designs in Wool.


 I also saw Silvia Squirrel in the same shop and had to have it too.


 It's getting packed away until fall.



 Now I get to cut up lots of pretty chicken colors into strips.


It took some time to remember how to do this but I did manage a foot.  Working on monk's cloth is nice compared to the burlap projects I have going on. I could get used to this. Cluck, cluck.

12 comments:

  1. Somehow rug hooking does not work for me. I think that's because I am doing something wrong. Your chicken looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those will both be wonderful! I'm tempted to try rug hooking, but I don't have enough time for what I'm already trying to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun patterns! Will they become pillows or wall hangings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably neither. I may start these things but I never seem to finish them. Not yet anyway!

      Delete
  4. Love that chicken - but OH! That squirrel! He'd have come home with me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use to do rug hooking with my kids when they were young but we used small strips of yarn. Lots of good memories there. :-) Those are both cute. Happy Hooking! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only done one or two rug hooking projects in my life. It's just not for me. Both your chicken and your squirrel are going to be so cute though. I notice you're not using yarn. I've never seen anything that used anything other than yarn. What kind of material are you using? Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strips that I cut from scrap wool material.

      Delete
  8. I love the patterns you picked! I'm a huge fan of the chicken. It's my sister's animal. LOL. You know that animal that they relate to and buy things in the shape of or with that pattern. My MIL is the rabbit and my mother is the cow. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those rugs, but I have told myself quite severely that I may not pick up any new crafts. I'll enjoy watching yours, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun rugs-to-be! A friend and I bought the tool a couple of years ago and that's as far as we've gotten....

    ReplyDelete