Sunday, May 7, 2017

Sheep Day Part 1


Uh, oh....it doesn't look like this is going to be a great day at the fest. It's been cold and wet for days now. Even so, I hit the road from N VA at 6:50 am.




 You have to pay to get in now. I am so glad I did the online pre-pay because the line to pay at 8:30 was around the parking lot and back. I just sailed in.



I got a booklet and was off. I had somewhere to be in a hurry and I had to get all the way to other side of the fairgrounds.


Since I drank the Miss Babs kool aid last year I just had to wrestle the crowds and go get some of her 2017 MDSW colorway. The line was long but I did a lot of chatting so time went fast.




With my mission accomplished I had breakfast. I rub the salt off.


 My next stop was to the fleece sale.



Jeesh. The prices were ridiculous. All the same I had a great time picking over the mounds of bags. I love everything about a dirty fleece.



Next stop the exhibition hall. The kid's poster contest is always fun.



I couldn't help but get a twinge of regret when I saw this beautiful overshot project. Mine is still decorating the inside of the trash can in the sewing room. Sigh....



 Off to the barns. It was dark and cool inside but at least it was dry.



 There were lots of babies this year. Baaaa.....



I didn't make it to the stitch marker swap this year but I did go by the site. How about a giant bag of Alpaca for $50? That's a real deal if you like alpaca.



 It was cold and windy and it rained a bit off and on.




It was not a fun day to sit and knit and watch the world go by. You had to keep moving.



I warmed up inside the auction tent. I have never seen so many nice things available.



Thankfully I not only wore this year's shawl...



...but I had packed the Featherweight just in case. I really could have used a hat and some mitts as well. See that basket I'm hanging onto? It's pretty full. I went a little overboard this year. Come back tomorrow to see what's inside. Squee......











11 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see all the goodies you bought. Wasn't last year rainy too? It looks like such a fun day. All of that wool! I wouldn't know where to go first. :-) And as for that pretzel? I would've eaten every bit of that salt. Yum! Thanks for taking us along with you.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a wet mess. It doesn't keep the crowd size down though. Go figure.

      Delete
  2. Awwwwwwww...I wish you had had a better day weather-wise, but it still looks like you had fun.

    Did you buy that fleece for $480.00? When it's all spun up, how much wool do you get for that price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hell no. It was a big bag but no knitted anything is worth that much money. There were lots of ridiculously priced fleeces and someone said it's what they do when they don't really want them to sell.

      Delete
  3. You might know the year I don't go they have bags of alpaca for $50! Dang! They didn't have any last year. Looks like the weather was about the same as last year though. Can't wait to see the loot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter what I am looking for they never have it the year I want it but always have plenty of whatever it is the following year. It makes me crazy.

      Delete
  4. Lousy weather...just like last year. Love the Miss Babs yarn and can't wait to see your other goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite the rain, it looks like a grand day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post! perfect narrative and photos my friend. Weather schmeather.....looks like you had a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. what a great show and I look forward to seeing what treasures you brought home. I bet you saw lots of ladies sporting hand-knits and hand-crocheted garments! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you enjoyed making your perfect stops and buying delightful fibery stuff!
    Weather could have been a downer for a less focused attendee! lol

    ReplyDelete