Monday, May 22, 2017

Keeping it Simple

 After my flaming weaving disaster of a few weeks ago I finally worked up the courage to give it another go.



 I went stash diving and came up with some colors that seemed to play nice together.




 It was an uneventful warping and a drama free transfer to the loom. I hope that's a good sign.





 Whoever I got the idea of using those counting threads from needs a giant thank you. They make all the difference for a rookie like me.



 Now you can see what's going on. It's going to be a simple plaid. There is some fancy stuff ahead. Maybe. It's something else that is new to me so I am not going to put it out there this time until I see if it works.  If not I can still save the warp and make it a plain twill. I hope.



That's still a ways off yet. I've got lots of threading to do in the meantime.

5 comments:

  1. Is there any craft you don't do???? The red and white looks quite festive and perfect for this time of year, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly amaze me. Is there no end to your talents?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will make a great towel! Glad to see you get back in the weaving saddle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets just be clear here....there is no part of this whole process that looks simple to me....just sayin. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes!! Too many threads for me. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete