Monday, May 29, 2017

Clickity Clack

 Okay ladies, I know your secret now. I am always commenting about how I just don't get how you can get things done so quickly. I am always in awe.




 Pretty much everything I do is on a one year plan and that's being overly optimistic.




 You must have a well ordered life so you can sit and knit without distractions. I don't have that back at home but I am enjoying it immensely during my kitty sitting marathon. The proof? That big yellow thing is just inches away from being bound off now. I've been dilly dallying with it back at home for over two years. Being able to count in peace makes all the difference.



 The idea of starting new things is fun. Actually starting them takes concentration. In all this peace and quiet starting things is a breeze. I wish I had brought more with me. There is a sweater kit in a box that is calling my name. It will have to wait.




 I haven't been neglecting the kitties either. Here's proof they are alive and well. They miss their parents though. They spend all day looking out the window waiting for them to come home.




It won't be until Tuesday night guys. I think we will make it. In the meantime, I've got some knitting to do. I'll worry about that flooded basement back at home when I get there. The Mister will have to figure it out until then.

9 comments:

  1. All that knitting makes ME want to kitty sit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO.MANY.PROJECTS. and they ALL look great! I'm so curious to see that yellow shawl blocked out. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found me out! I do get more knitting and crocheting done at home though, than I do when I'm at the lake. Here, I have to take time to walk the dog and lots of socializing with the other people. At home, I'm by myself and the dog has her own doggie door! Although the cleaning does call my name once in a while. :-)Good job on all your projects.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love the yellow you are using. I cannot wait to see it off the needles. I'm so happy you are enjoying the lil kitty vacation trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might advertise to kitty sit for a week...
    it sure makes an impact on the amount of knitting that gets done! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute kitties and I know exactly what you mean about quiet time for knitting. I have to do most of mine late at nite. I'm loving that big yellow thing you've got going there and can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! A flooded basement, why do things like that always happen when you're not home? Looks like you've had some good knitting time though! Have a nice day with lots more uninterrupted knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flooded basement! Gah, so sorry about that. The only time I get extended knitting time is if I am sick and then I don't feel like knitting. Someday..............

    ReplyDelete
  9. My secret is out! Thought I wouldn't say my life is well-ordered - I'm just really good at ignoring stuff so I can knit. Plus... I don't have cats or dogs. The cats (as you know) are really low-maintenance. Dave works afternoons, so he's gone until 10 at night. That generally means I have most evening to just sit, relax and knit. And on weekends, Dave is happy to go work on his projects in the basement, so if I'm not out with Mom or dyeing yarn, I'm on the couch knitting!

    ReplyDelete