Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Nurmilintu

 It's not very often that I finish anything anymore but looky here.



 I've been working on this since September 2015.



 I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to block it. It just sort of sprawled out on the blocking boards and did its own thing.



 Even though I had a hateful relationship with the lace sections, I forgive it now that it's all done.



 I really like the picot edging. I had never done one like this before.



 The colors worked very nicely with all that garter stitch.



Thank you Valerie. I spun this from fiber she sent me ages ago.



It's a nice size and weight for throwing in your bag to tote around all summer as AC insurance.



Now I need to go dig out that other problematic lace project that's been in time out for ages. It's another doozy.

8 comments:

  1. I've had a few hateful bouts of lace knitting myself here lately. At least yours turned out really nice. I'm not sure I can say the same for mine. I do like the picot edge too. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congratulations! That shawl is exquisite. You are indeed a lady of many, many talents.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta Da! I couldn't make the lace sections turn out right either! This is a treasure in the handspun yarn. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Between the lacy bits and the colors, it is a perfect summer knit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Yours turn out bigger than mine.....I, too, love the picot edge and that wasn't difficult. I had a number of ripping sessions with the lace part though...was so glad when mine was finis!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Beautiful finish ......the picot edge MAKE this project.

    Now you are working on my favorite of your projects.

    ReplyDelete