Sunday, May 21, 2017

Bubble, Bubble Toil and Trouble

 Soap making is certainly hit or miss sometimes. Last week's efforts left me with little to brag about. The first problem I had was with the new Melon Balls scent. It was horrible. It smelled like rotten fruit. I tossed the whole batch after unmolding and tried again with something I knew smelled good-Pinkberry Mimosa.  It smells heavenly but looks like a car accident. I also think that red I used is the one that turns the lather pink. I should have tossed it. Boooo me....


 I tried again. Blackberry Sage is a redo after the Pinkberry mess. I know this one by heart and it's one of my favorites.



 The Sugared Spruce came out nicely in my new little mold. It makes lots of mini bars. I like that since I get bored easily with a scent.



 The Island Nectar is so-so. It also smells great but the pour was messy to say the least. By this time The Mister was getting impatient with the kitchen being in a uproar for two days in a row so I was rushing.



 Finally in a last ditch effort to redeem myself I made some more Lemon Zest soap but since I was out of all my hard oils it's a very soft bar at the moment. I hope it cures into something usable or I wasted a lot of good stuff.


Since I was out of everything I ordered some more supplies just to have them on hand while promising The Mister no more soap adventures for a while but.....


...look at the free samples that came along for the ride. That's just not fair.

7 comments:

  1. I admire your patience and persistence. I am starting to think soap making is not for me. But your soaps arr always a hit here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they all look great but the Lemon Zest I can smell already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If soap adventures keep you happy The Mister should be happy too. I think I can smell all of that soap yumminess down here in FLorida.
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what the vanilla lavender smells like. I think all your soaps look and smell wonderfull.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they all look wonderful! Your patience is amazing to behold. Vanilla/lavender is one of my favorite scents ever. I know that will make some wonderful smelling soap.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Temptations ABOUND!!!! I think the jackfruit/kiwi sounds interesting. Have fun (when you can wrestle the kitchen back for soap making.)

    ReplyDelete