Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Home Again

 I had a great four days doggie sitting the Grand Golden but before I headed home to Maryland on Sunday I had one more thing to do.  It was our last competition of the season and lucky me, it was right down the street from where I was doggie sitting.



It was an afternoon filled with Beatles and dwarves again.



This rink is Daughter's Alma Mater of skating so it's always an important event for us. The competition is pretty fierce as this is also the home of some pretty high level theater on ice teams.



 Now that it's all over, what on Earth do I do with all my beautiful scenery?



I just can't toss it but I still have a giant hungry caterpillar in the sewing room from last year.



There is also the costumes to deal with. I know I'll use my Old Hag's black cape again come Halloween with my witch costume from last year...



but a pink jelly fish? Hmmm....I dunno about that one.



It turned out to be a good day for the entire team and a good finish to the season. Yellow Submarine got a gold and Snow White a silver.



As for me, this was my swan song. When the only parts you are good for are witches and hags it's time to hang up your hat.



6 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Gold and Silver awards are very good. Congratulations! I don't know what to tell you about your scenery and costumes though. I'm in the process of a major decluttering of our house and I've got a family room full of stuff that's going out for a garage sale next week. I'm determined not to bring it back into the house if it doesn't sell. Straight to the Goodwill it will go.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good run for you and you put forth 100% so there is a great sigh to hang up your hat! (I would donate the scenery.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! A gold and silver placing. That's wonderful. You should be so proud. Keep that hungry caterpillar away from all your yarn and fleece - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time for a less labor intensive adventure? YOu've given so much to this skate community. Wonder what you'll do next?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a good run and I was so glad to follow along ...........can you tell I miss lacing up the skates???

    Keep the good memories, let go of the stress of it all and maybe donate the props to an amateur theater group or a school?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! Congratulations to you and your team! I'm very bad a giving away things but moving twice did help a little!

    ReplyDelete