Saturday, May 20, 2017

One More Stitch at a Time

 When I am not frogging and restarting knitting projects I try to spend a few minutes a day at the sewing table for some hand quilting.


 The first block of the quilt I am working on is done. I even got through all those Dresden petals and that wasn't easy. Going through all those layers was hard on the fingers and very slow going.



 The yo yo pillow top needs one more row and then I need to figure out how to go on from here.



 The summer mini quilt needs one more motif and then I can put it all together. I suppose a matching table runner is next.




Miss Chicken is sharing the quilting table at the moment. I think she is coming along nicely. My biggest worry is keeping the cats off her. I can just see them now using her as a scratching post. For the record I just bought them a new post hoping to save my new couch cover. All for naught. They hate it.

6 comments:

  1. The Dresden block is beautiful. You amaze me at all you get done. The chicken is coming along fast.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to see all you have going on! Great job on the hand quilting! The paper piecing is amazing! Did you try rubbing the new scratch post with catnip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Th block with the darker yellow is just like one my grandmother made for me. I love it. Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all lovely projects! And chickie is looking great already!

    (I am so thankful my kitties haven't started clawing the new couch... fingers crossed it stays that way!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little yo yos just make me happy. ;-) I have a new couch coming so I better get Lilly Bean a new tree t00. I am a little worried about her scratiching on it.

    ReplyDelete