Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Doodle Bugs and Bunnies

 My kitchen table is covered in paper crafting tools.



 I've got all kinds of new toys to play with. This is a blending tool. I've had to watch a lot of Youtube videos to figure out what to do with it. I've still got a lot to figure out. It's not as easy as they make it look.



 My new markers got a workout on some bug stamps I found on clearance at Micheal's. Those fancy markers are also not as easy to use as they make them look in the videos. Knowing which to use and where to use them for blending is tricky. It's going to take some practice.



 Look at this stamp collection I found on Amazon.



 Knitting sheep Christmas cards? HOW COOL IS THAT?


 The Mister bought this heat tool he saw at Micheal's for me as a Saint Patrick's Day present-because it was green.


We've been trying to figure out this heat embossing thing. It's cool when it works but getting it to work is not easy. It's been hit or miss in the results department but playing with it has been fun.



 I've also been playing with using the ink pads like water colors along with the embossing. Who knew you could do that?



I've also managed to make six cards from my March Simon Says Stamp kit using the instructions and inspiration I found on Youtube. All these designs came from the incredibly talented Vicky Papaiannou. Watching her videos has become a nightly ritual.


Simon Says Stamp just revealed their "A Colorful Life" birthday themed April kit and-fingers crossed, it should be on it's way in the very near future. I can't wait. As cute as they are, I'm getting a bit sick of bunnies and chicks. Peep. Peep.

7 comments:

  1. Love how you are growing and adding to your skills! The knitting sheep is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That knitting sheep kit is adorable! But all of it is just way, way to much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many cute cards. Looks like stamping supplies can be just as addicting as yarn acquisition!!! LOL

    Have fun with all your new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the Peep bunnies. They look Great on your cards. You are so diverse in your talents Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man I love all your new tools and techniques! The knitting sheep christmas card stamp collection is exceptional and super kudos to The Mister for his St. Patricks gift.

    ReplyDelete