Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

Yesterday The Mister and I spent the entire day doing a whole house "blessing". After days and days of rain and mud, when we finally got a day of sunshine we went to work. Every inch of this place was "blessed" but good. I did get some stitching done over the wet weekend. The corner of Village Quaker is coming along. I put it on the dining room table next to my Alexa and stitched while listening to The Tortured Poets Department over and over and over and over. It's now engraved in my brain. I loved it so much I ended up buying it and I haven't bought a album of any kind since the Beatles broke up.




It all wasn't cute and cozy though, Sheep Heap got a ripping and a re-do. I started the border and that dark color just washed my poor sheep out. I ripped out his face and legs and re-stitched them in the border color. Much better. 



My other tiny needle was busy appliqueing down more parts of the February quilt. This is number six out of the nine blocks that I wanted and when I counted them I  realized I had made ten rings. One too many. I'm not sure how I managed that but it sounds like something I'd do. Better too many than too little I suppose. 





And....a big thank you to one of my bloggy friends who sent me this cool puzzle. I am the type of person who likes to do the same puzzles over and over and this looks like a keeper. Yes, I know that's weird but like all my unfinished projects, they are old friends I like to revisit whenever I'm in the mood. 

 




8 comments:

  1. That is an amazing puzzle. The colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My house needs to be blessed, but I've spent my time knitting and reading (and making dinner every damn night). You've made lots of progress on both necessary and tiny needle projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Village Quaker is such a pretty piece. That looks like a fun jigsaw puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post---I do like a deep cleaning--every few months, that is!!! lol The stitching and the sewing are good projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the puzzle and your cross stitching, specially the sheep. And, now I'm listening to Tortured Poets...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand doing puzzles over and over. I read murder mysteries over and over, especially Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe and Robert Parker's Spencer books. My husband shares my habit and says he re-reads those same 2 folks at least once a year. Comfort food is a thing; why not re-reading or re-puzzling?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love tiny needle Tuesday! You get so much accomplished…I did get my house blessed today! Yay! Happy day. Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm anxious to hear your opinion on the wooden puzzle --- I've wondered about buying one.

    ReplyDelete