Saturday, November 28, 2020

Twilight

 

We have had a run of spectacular weather that is more like October than November. At sunset I've been picking up my spindle basket and a box of matches and heading out. 



I've been sitting on the deck after dinner with a fire. The paper bags that come with my grocery pick up have been great for getting my little blazes started. I fill them with twigs and set them on some split logs and up they go in no time. I add a few more of our split popular logs on top and I'm all set. 




I get about a half hour of spinning time before the sun goes completely down. It's been the best half hour of the day. 




8 comments:

  1. Way to cold for that here but tomorrow we might be 40 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you lucky, lucky girl. We still couldn't have fires here even if it weren't so cold, because believe it or not, it's still too dry. I want to come visit you and sit by your fire and knit while you spin.
    Wishing you a good Saturday my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased that you are enjoying this me time. And outside...splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad you’re having such beautiful weather and can enjoy a fire. I wish my groceries came in paper bags rather than plastic. I reuse what I can, but they such multiply quickly. I’ll be glad the day I can take my own canvas bags to the store again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spinning by a fire. That sounds so relaxing. We bought a chiminea for the patio, and plan to have some relaxation time by the fire, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am thrilled you have weather that you like!!!! I love to see what you spin! We have been cheating with charcoal to start firest. THe area is so wet and damp . BUt once it is going, it goes and goes. Someday AL wants to spin

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to relax! and now the wool has good memories, too!

    ReplyDelete