Thursday, October 30, 2014

Rest in Pieces

My poor little Halloween runner is made up of Daddio's scrap paper pieces. He made a gorgeous runner last year and I love it so I snatched the leftovers. It's the same material I made my apron out of and I wish I had bought more. It was great collection and now it's all gone. Boo.


 Like many of you predicted yesterday, I decided to have a late night and get most of it done. I love paper piecing but I hate taking out the paper because I think it's pretty. Daddio does a great job with his pieces. They are all little works of art.



Something ridiculously simple that is making me very happy right now is using a loop of masking tape to catch all my thread scraps. I always make such a mess when I sew and coming up this little trick has made my night. It doesn't take much.

4 comments:

  1. You have another 24 hours...plenty of time, right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm repeating myself, but I love those fabrics -- the patterns, the colors, so pretty. I'm glad you were able to keep working on the runner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you've found some time to work on it!
    And remember - in Hallowe'en town - every day is Hallowe'en!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the plan.....
    Sometimes working into the night is fun!

    ReplyDelete