Monday, January 5, 2009

February Kitty Sweater







Daughter got this bare naked Hello Kitty for Christmas so we just had to run out and get yarn to make her a sweater. I want to make her a kitty sized February Baby Sweater but the whole idea has been a disaster. Since I just finished my own FLS you would think this would be a no brainer. However, the "pithy" directions in the Knitter's Almanac have made my brains hurt. I stalked all the Ravelry sites and beaucoup blogs where I saw plenty of gorgeous, perfectly fitted sweaters so it seems I am the ONLY person on the planet that does NOT get those percentages. Worse, this baby is not going to grow into it so I have to have a perfect fit. AND she has the neck the size of a linebacker so all those increase rows must be radically altered. After many false starts, I am now knitting with her sitting in my lap fitting it on her as I go. Try that with a real baby.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of Hello Kitty, is this adorable doll dressed and ready to come home yet?

    ReplyDelete