This is my new mini quilt kit in action. I am not having fun. You have to fussy cut the paper pieces and I just discovered I'm not very good at it.
Not only that, after I cut off what I needed for the sashing and binding I didn't have enough material to cut out the pieces the directions told me to cut out. There was a lot of cursing going on when I discovered I couldn't even order anymore of this material. The collection is pretty much sold out.
Once I calmed down I realized I could just wing it with the scraps. No one would know that I didn't use the specific flowers called for in the pattern. I won't tell if you won't.
I also learned that the technique I had learned from watching You Tube was not the best for this particular pattern. Once I got rid of the template I made and just lined up the paper points in the same place on the flowers it all started to fall into place.
The four block centers are done. They are not perfect but it was a VERY steep learning curve. The next time I'll do better.
Now to cut out and baste the 32 green pieces that finish it up. They are just regular pieces-nothing fussy about them. Thank goodness.