Friday, January 27, 2017

Crying Uncle

 I started spinning this fiber on my drop spindle at this year's MDSW. My plan was to get enough for a small shawl to wear at the next fest. I have been doing this every year for the past ten but this year I'm out of steam.


 To me it's cheating to use the wheel to finish but that's what I'm doing. If I want to get that shawl on the needles by February, I have to get the lead out.



Speaking of spinning, the gray on the Ladybug is coming along nicely. No drama here. Thank goodness.

7 comments:

  1. Both yards are beautiful but that gray is amazing. Wonderful! And there's no cheating when it's done. Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking but I decided to wait until I see what the gauge turns out to be after plying.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colors! The turquoise is amazing. Can't wait to see the shawl you make. Have you picked a pattern yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both very nice and nothing like spinning to take ones mind off all the craziness. I think I'll just hang out with my wheels for a while now too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not cheating. I dont even spin!!!!! Love the aqua

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for it-you are the boss and it will still be hand spun, right?! The second bobbin is very soft and pretty! I need to get back to some spinning.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. not cheating - just being efficient!
    Have you decided on a pattern?

    ReplyDelete