Friday, January 13, 2017

Big Stuff

 I came home from a trip to AC Moore's yesterday with something big .


 This chunky yarn was on sale.



You need big needles for what I am making with it. I needed size 15. I have size 13. It'll do. I usually have to size down anyway.




Daughter wanted Kitty Poufs for Christmas but I had no time thanks to yellow submarines and big buses. She wants a gray one and a black one-just like her kitties. In three weeks we are heading off to a skating competition in Ohio and I should have lots of down time in the hotel for knitting. Here kitty, kitty.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness they're cute. I want to knit my granddaughter Piper an animal of some sort, but haven't decided yet which one. These are distinct possibility. Meow!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are these? I love them. They should work up fast in chunky yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Should go quick too with that size needle. Good luck at the skating competition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! They are adorable!!! Those big needles should give your hands a break from the tiny sock needles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive so loved these from afar for a long time. I can't wait to see yours knit up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute! And they don't look too hard, but embroidering faces is always a challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these as gifts for Christmas- you will love the project as they knit up quickly and are adorable. The 13's are the way to go- I did the first one with 15 and it is HUGE. (And was also quite stretchy, which is ok but I wanted a tighter slightly stiffer product.)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! At least you're not making them out of chenille - they will be much more fun to knit than my giraffe hood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them and just might make myself a pink one to commemorate the controversial hat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a lot of return for not a lot of knitting! Cute to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those kitties! Nice work finding the perfect yarn.

    ReplyDelete