Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year, New Projects, Big Finishes


 I'm still stuffed from last night.



As I mentioned in yesterday's post, The Mister and I had a Mexican feast planned for New Year's Eve.



 I chopped up $40 worth of veggies. The Mister grilled up steak and shrimp.


 We drank margaritas with unopened mix leftover from my summer binge. Strawberry is not my favorite but after several I wasn't complaining.



 I spent the afternoon looking for something new and exciting to put on the loom. I found an overshot kit and I have no idea what that is. I'm taking a crash course on You Tube as we speak. It's going to be a challenge.



The yarn is also different from what I am used to working with. It's thicker and shiny. The entire warp is in a thin purple and the weft is where the color is for a change. Interesting.



 Ta dah. The big cross stitch project is DONE. DONE. DONE.  I started it in 2015. Two years. Not bad. Not bad at all. Most of my stitching projects never get finished. I've got tons in the works.


It felt good to take it off the frame but that empty frame didn't last long. It already has something else on it but that's a story for another day.
Happy 2017!


9 comments:

  1. Yay for the big finish and all the new starts!

    But after a few margaritas, maybe you ought to wait until TOMORROW to start. LOL Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year my friend! I love, love, love, the cross stitch. It turned out beautifully.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new loom choices look superb! You will love doing the overshot--it is instant gratification! The sampler is a done deal; awesome accomplishment! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the socks in your previous post. Congrats on the cross-stitch finish. I only manage small projects now as I find crochet so much quicker and easier. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the BIG finish! The yarn for your new loom project is gorgeous. And your dinner and drinks sound great! Here's to 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The big finish is brilliant! Love the new yarn for the kit. Happy New YEar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband doesn't drink, which is kind of a bummer. I'm not a big drinker, but it would be nice to have a beer together occasionally!
    My MIL just loaned me a frame like the one that you have. Do you sew your project on? Or tape it? She tapes, but I'm having trouble making that work.
    That weaving project looks complicated!
    And congrats on the finished x-stitch. Such a cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a split rail frame for the fabric slides in. I just have to roll it up. I hate that frame though. It's a real pain. I am looking to replace it.

      Delete
  8. Ooh - that looks delicious. I'm still a little sick so it feels like it's been nothing but soup for me lately!

    ReplyDelete