Sunday, January 29, 2017

New Stuff

My new stitch pattern is here along with the floss.



I also bought this frame. I hate my other lap frame but now that I have this one,  I am realizing that the old one is not so bad. This one is also rather awkward.




I am enjoying the new pattern. My brain works better with this type of predictable counting.



 My other new project is getting a bit more interesting. I am putting colorful balls of yarn in my basket now.



Whew, that was close. This pattern almost ran off the edge of the fabric. I have a little more than an inch so framing will be interesting. I see creative matting in my future with this one.

7 comments:

  1. Great projects! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like watching your projects being revealed as you work on them! I've never worked on a curved frame before so it will be interesting to hear your final "review".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute projects.

    For the one with a short edge, you could sew on a strip of muslin if you want to frame it. That would give more fabric to wrap around and you could use ever bit of the stitching fabric for the border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a good time for newness. I love the trees work you are planning to share with us. You are diverse in your skills!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an interesting frame. I've never seen one like that before. I would like to get more cross stitching done soon since I really enjoyed the one I did for Mandy last year. Have fun stitching.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful frame and needlepoint work! Tools are everything!

    ReplyDelete