Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Piece By Piece

 My little mini quilt is nearing completion.


 I had to order more of the collection material for the backing. I forgot it doesn't come with the kit.


 I really enjoyed this process and can't wait to use this technique with some other fabric.


 If you are wondering about paper piecing, this is what is going on. I am covering cardstock pieces with fabric then sewing the pieces together.


Now on to the applique process. I don't love applique but I don't really hate it either. My little rotating cutting board really helps. Good tools matter.

11 comments:

  1. Mosaic effect is so cool. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are beautiful! At some point, do you remove the paper?

    Those individual flowers would make pretty ornaments on a wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very pretty. I would not have the patience for this (good thing - I do NOT need another hobby - lol).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did the templates for the diamonds come already cut out?! That would help a lot. I love your paper-pieced flowers! The process has been interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding a new fun process that you conquer is awesome!!! IM impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty. All that tiny hand work would drive me crazy! I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So that's what paper piecing is! Do you take out the paper before you do the applique? I love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I've never done paper piecing and can't imagine having that much patience.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! You are so multi-talented. Can't wait to see more of this project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work. Really pretty! Looks like tedious work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! you actually sew the fabric onto the paper! Wow! This is so cool, but I'm with Well Fed Wheel it looks a bit tedious, this coming from a spinner and a knitter ;)

    ReplyDelete