Sunday, June 23, 2024

Made in the Shade

 

I said I wasn't getting off the couch this weekend but look where I ended up. I had just given Pup a haircut and a bath and we were hiding out in the shade while The Mister walked over to the farmer's market at 8 am.



We were at the little park across from the bay and there are plenty of benches in the shade at that time of day. 




There was even a nice breeze coming off the water. The humidity hasn't been too crazy-yet.




Since he was itching to go to the farmer's market, I told him to pick up something for dinner. I'm thinking frittata. 




Back home I spent the day working on quilting things and making Pup a supply of pumpkin muffins. I also cleaned all the fruit out of our wonky fridge and made a little cake out of them. It's a kind of summer fruit cake with peaches, apples and pears and it was awfully good. I could have eaten the whole darn thing-but I didn't. At least not yet. I'll nibble away at it all weekend thinking that eating it that way changes the calorie count in some way. Wouldn't it be nice if it did? 






7 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to find some shade. It was CRAZY hot here today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother used to eat brownies that way, too! She would cut a regular brownie into quarters and nibble on it. We used to tease her that the calories were leaking out of the cuts. Surely it works that way with summer fruit cake, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the bath felt good on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shade's a little hard to come by here. Thank goodness for cool fresh fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a good morning--the fresh veggies are always just what a body needs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our heat wave broke today so hopefully you will get a little relief too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that the Mister bought fresh veggies at the market. They look so yummy.
    The muffins and cake look delicious too. I think if you eat it that way, the calories do leak out of the cuts, that only makes sense, right?
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete