Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Going Viral

 

It's no secret that I'm a Swiftie. I get the hype over her music. What I didn't expect was the explosion she caused among us woolly folks when she went out in this dress in London Sunday night.



It's crocheted and it's only $119 if you want to buy it-if you can get it. I'm sure it's sold out by now. 




Of course that's not what the crafty folk want to do. They want to make it. There's already a pattern on Ravelry and a tutorial on YouTube. The crochet chatter among the young'uns has been crazy. It warms my heart to see the interest. Granny squares aren't just for grannies anymore. Thank you, Taylor. 





5 comments:

  1. Although I'm not a Swiftie, (I just don't get the hype at all,) I'm very glad that she's made the wonderful granny stitch wildly popular again. It wil be fun to see if we notice younsters wearing more crochet now.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping me up to date on Taylor! I was clueless about the crocheted dress, but did know that Travis carried her on the stage in London. He looks pretty good in a tux!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously, I’m out of the loop: I didn’t even know she was in London.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's been a huge upsurge I've seen in crocheting... this is going to make it EXPLODE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here we are 50 years later and the granny squares are in the fashion news again !

    ReplyDelete