Thursday, November 7, 2013

Just Do It

 I had been walking cautiously around the Wolf Pup for weeks now trying to avoid the elephant in the room.


The heddles were all threaded and now it was time to pull all those threads through the reed. I was afraid. I just knew it was all going to be a tangled mess. I had knots, I had clothespins and worst of all, I had too many warp threads.


 Much to my surprise, my clothespins worked well. Everything fell into place very easily. As for those extra warp threads, I am just ignoring them for the time being by weighting them and letting them dangle.



 After just a few hours, I had the beginnings of a dish towel. This is the Keep It Simple pattern from Interweave made smaller to fit my little baby loom. Now I've got 30 more inches to go until I decide if I've actually pulled this off-and if I do, no one will be more surprised than me.


4 comments:

  1. Phew! I'm glad it all fell into place for you, its looking great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have a heart attack.
    That is so pretty. If that is the baby loom.....well just stay small is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know how you do all this. YOU are a great finisher!

    ReplyDelete