Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving Thanks

 I'm getting old. I am having a big birthday in a few weeks but what makes me know that I am really getting old is my need to buy ceramic turkeys at Thanksgiving. It won't be long before I am sticking plastic flowers in the pots on the stoop.

I'm not having people over today. I am going to Daughter's. The weather has been like this for the past few days so I am happy not to have to clean for guests. There are leaves and mud all over the place.


I am not hosting but I am cooking.


I love it when the counters are filled with holiday food to be.



It's not exactly fruitcake weather but I think it's time to get serious about it anyway. While everyone is out shopping this weekend, I will be home, making fruitcake-which makes perfect sense to me.


Happy Thanksgiving AND happy Hanukkah everyone. Tonight the candles will be lit in memory of Little Sister's much loved father in law who departed this world on Tuesday afternoon. I certainly don't envy his family their grief but I do envy the fact that they had a lifetime to know him. He was truly one of a kind.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know... that ceramic turkey is pretty darn cute. I'd have a hard time resisting him too.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete