Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ooops.....



I dyed a rainbow of Clun Forest this summer and put the batts away for winter spinning. When I recently took them out I was disappointed with the one that was supposed to be red. It looked pink.



I dumped it in a dyepot with some Fire Red Jacquard. Big mistake.



When it dried it didn't look right with the others. I had forgotten that I had not dyed them in a pot but had dipped the locks to get a graduation of color before carding.



Luckily I had a white Clun Forest batt put away so I carded in some white with the red.



It took quite a few passes through the carder to get it to blend but it is getting closer to what I need.



Whew, that was a close one. All's well that ends well this time but I hope it teaches me a lesson to stop and think before I dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment