Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Cormo



I had my doubts about the ginormous 9 lb bag of Cormo I bought at the MD S & W this year. After washing it still seemed sticky and very discolored. After combing however, all my worries are gone. It fluffed up very nicely and turned a lovely cream color.



Using only my sampling spindle, I managed to spin a very lovely thin single with hardly any effort. This stuff really wants to spin thin.



After plying it remained very thin and bouncy. The yarn has amazing stretch.



It has a very slight halo and is softer than I could have ever imagined.



The tiny sample knit up best at a very fine gauge but I am now unsure what type of garments this type of wool would be best suited for. I am going to have to do some research before I commit to a large project.
And about those blue nails, it was "dress up as your favorite teacher day" at school. I picked Viola Swamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment