Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Crest of the WHAT?



I intended to dedicate my summer knitting time to the Crest of the Wave tank top.



The Memorial Day holiday gave me an excuse to climb into bed in broad daylight with my new project. Happy as I was to find a few minutes to myself, trying to wrap my brains around casting on the tank top gave me a MAJOR headache.





I just don't understand why some patterns are written more like brain teasers than directions. I can't read the designer's mind when big chunks of information are missing or implied. Thank goodness for Ravelry. I have had to go to the project pages several times to try to figure out how to increase for the V-neck shaping but I still haven't got it figured out quite yet. I am quickly losing interest in this thing. It may just be headed for the frog pond. And while I am complaining, I am thinking that color is pretty darn yucky too.

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up! I think this is so pretty and I would love to see what it looks like when it's done. You might be surprised with that color too when you've finished. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap! I posted a comment but must have screwed it up. Anyway, I hope you finish the pattern and I love the color. I'm partial to green.

    ReplyDelete