Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Up All Night

 

We had cold, rainy weather yesterday and it would have been a perfect day for sewing but instead after just a few minutes of working on the hot pads I gave up in exhaustion. As I mentioned before Mommy cat is sleeping in the house at night all of a sudden and I've been sleeping on the couch to make sure there is no kitty drama. She's not very fond of her offspring and will give them a slap and a good hissing if they get too near. Everything's been going fine until Monday night. Her son decided to go over to the box she likes to sleep in and throw up in front of it which made her hiss and Pup bark-at 3 am. We were all up and no one could get back to sleep. I was a zombie yesterday. 



In the wee early hours I worked on picking up those gazillion stitches around the Big Gray Blob. I put in some markers and them only allowed myself to do so many inches so that I actually do a good job this time. I am using a magnifier and a small crochet hook because for the life of me I can't pick up stitches using the needle. I do it on sock gussets all the time but that's about it. 



Down in the soap room I had a pleasant surprise after a very unpleasant soaping experience. Since I am out of my regular oils I had to re-do my formula. Since this soap was meant for just me I experimented with the ratios and the whole bucket of coconut and oatmilk batter got so thick so fast that all I could do was shovel it in the mold and hope for the best. I did get some of the vanilla powder in the part that I spread out in the bottom of the mold. It looks like cookies and cream ice cream. I did scent it with just a smidgen of my favorite Oatmeal, Milk and Honey fragrance so I'm considering this a win on a day that I really needed a win-and a nap. 


 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my. I'm glad you could take a zombie day! The sweater looks good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hot pad looks lovely and the soap looks delicious! They are all wins and I hope you got a nap, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those Fall fabrics. Hoping you can get a nap in today or at least a little rest. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh with the kitty drama! I think the soap looks just wonderful. Your fabrics/placemats are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - what is it with cats lately? Burton has had a bug up his butt, and has been going after the other cats - mostly poor Rupert - and usually at about 4 am. A screaming cat fight is not the wake up call you want for sure! I got some feliway diffusers to see if they would help, but so far it hasn't made much of a difference!

    ReplyDelete