Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Tiny Needle Uh-Oh....

 

I spent Sunday ripping back a sweater and today I'm going to be ripping out several of those flowers that look like blobs. Why, you ask?



Because this is the way they are supposed to look. I forgot that these stacked critter pattern's DMC conversions are TERRIBLE. I've had to re-do the colors on almost all of them to get them to come out the way the photo looks. I guess I forgot and just went with the pattern and I got balloons instead of flowers.. Oh, well.....but that's not even the biggest uh-oh I had yesterday.





Remember this pretty thing? My soap alarm bells kept going off after I put it in the mold. It just didn't fill up the mold the way the others did. Well, that was because............





....I discovered with horror yesterday morning that I hadn't put the *#*$&% silicone liner in it. I had left it drying on the rack after the last batch. There was nothing to do but dig that soap all out. It would NEVER come out any other way. 





It was quite the spectacular mess. All I could do was laugh. I'm sure I'm not the first soap maker to do this. 





Those liners are so thin and transparent that it is easy to do. I'm more surprised that I haven't done it before now. I won't do it again, that's for sure. 





My biggest worry was that although I had plenty of avocado butter left, I thought I had used up all my avocado oil. Luckily I hadn't tossed the bottle and there was plenty that had run down into the bottom over night. I also had to scrape out the last of that pretty green mica. It was a squeaker but I'm going to give it another try again today. 













8 comments:

  1. Uh-Oh is not what I would have said! Sorry about that mess. The turkeys are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the sweater, flowers, and soap all come together without any more errors! (At least knitting is fast and easy to rip out.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! I did it only once--what a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oopsie! Well darn. That's a big mess and it looked so pretty sitting there in the mold. I'm sorry. But now you get to play with soap again today! :-) I think your turkeys look wonderful.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drat, what a mess! I’m glad you didn’t let it get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with Vera. Hope you have a much more successful day today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Once in a while things just don't go right. I sure hope today is a better one for you!

    ReplyDelete