Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thankful

 

The thing I'm most thankful for today is that I don't have to host. We're going to Daughter's. This is her house last year. My house looks like a storage facility in an old folk's home at the moment. It's depressing. 



We won't be all together this year but I am thankful I live in the age of technology. I am a long distance grandmother and it's been nice seeing the Grands grow up even if it's just on a screen. 





I'm thankful that the year of The Mister's surgeries is almost over. It's been rough. He's still struggling physically and emotionally from it. At our age it takes a toll. We don't bounce back very quickly anymore.





I am VERY thankful I live a few blocks from this. I took The Mister to therapy yesterday and Pup and I sat by the water and I just bawled my eyes out. I'm so tired. The Mister is so tired. Sometimes you just gotta let it all out. I felt better and was ready to head back home to another day of trials and tribulations. 





I am also thankful for my great grandmother who passed on her love for things like this on to me. Without it and without the blog to share that love with folks like you, I don't know how I would have survived the year. That's Chestnut btw. It's been waiting for its turn to be finished. I think 2024 might be its year.




Finally, Mr. Turkey wants to say Happy Thanksgiving! I managed to get some of that dark brown background fill done but still have a long way to go. Luckily for Tom, we've still got a week to go before he gets packed away. Although....now that I think about it, I don't actually have a Christmas project in the works. Maybe I need to remedy that. 







7 comments:

  1. I know a good cry can make you feel better. I have been there many times. May you have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving!! Chestnut is gorgeous - you NEED to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know what you mean about the sanity of creative work and sharing it with blog friends--a real life line! Have a wonderful day--

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're entering a better year for all of you, but sometimes a good cry is necessary. I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving. I'm with Vera; Chestnut is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your crafts make me smile. Mostly I just knit and sew. A bit of crochet this year. Hope the medical crap is all done now. Cheryl aka seajaes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those two projects of yours! I hope the coming year is much better for both of you.

    ReplyDelete