Sunday, November 12, 2023

Sew, Sew Sunday

 

I finished the outside border on the Dresden. I could put it in a sandwich but I can't. Not Yet. 



It seems I have some repair work to do on the schoolhouse border. I made this quilt so long ago I couldn't remember how I put all those little houses together but I can see now that I hand sewed all those pieces because some of them are coming apart. I'm quite impressed with my past self for doing this. It must have taken a very long time. 




I hope to get another one of these placemat blocks made today. I've got two now.





Down in the soap room I have Mistletoe.........




.....and Peppermint to show off. I wish I had made these earlier so I could get them out before Christmas but alas, I need 6 weeks and that brings me to Christmas Eve before I can start testing them. We're looking at mid January before I can get them wrapped and mailed. 




Yesterday Cinnamon Stick went into the pot. This is the before.....




...and this is the after. I hope the inside is as nice as the top. We'll see.








7 comments:

  1. From gorgeous quilts to gorgeous soap, you can do it all. I'm so impressed. Those soaps are all looking so good.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that Dresden! I want to make one so bad! I need to clear out a few other projects first.

    Thoroughly enjoying your soaping adventures - it's so neat to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an interesting border on your quilt. I was wondering about construction and not surprised that it was hand stitched. Such a beautiful quilt! Your soap adventures are fun to read about and the results are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed with all the handsewing that past you did, and the placemat blocks are looking lovely. All of the soap looks quite nice; I had no idea that it took so long for soap to cure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have been busy! Apparently, back in the spring when I stopped blogging, I also stopped reading others' blogs. I just scrolled back to your husband's knee surgery. I sure hope he's doing better. All the stitching and sopa making you've been doing look great. I hope you have more time for yourself in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful soaps!!!! You are outdoing yourself! The quilting front is seeing progress, too. I want to make some placemats if I can get myself back to the studio!!!

    ReplyDelete